If you’re looking to work in the cannabis industry, but are struggling to negotiate a cannabis service contract, read on to learn how cannecht can...
Welcome to cannecht – A Better Way to Build Your Cannabis Business
What is a digital cannabis marketplace? Find out who we are, what we do, and how cannecht can help you save time and money to grow your cannabis business.
Hi there. We’re so happy you’re here. Welcome to cannecht — a digital cannabis marketplace built to bring cannabis industry professionals together. Don’t be mistaken, we’re much more than a directory site or digital hangout—we’re talking deals, not leads.
The cannecht platform is designed to perfectly match licensed cannabis industry operators with the service providers they need to build their business. And then, once matched, we help you quickly sign contracts to launch new projects together.
Since you’re new here, please allow us to introduce ourselves and answer a few questions about who we are, what we do, and how the cannecht platform works.
Who We Are
Our team was founded by cannabis industry veterans who have paved the way through legalization in various sectors. From cultivation to manufacturing, sales, branding, marketing, software, and finance, we have seen the industry roll through many tumultuous times over the last decade.
Through our collective experiences, we’ve honed in on a few core problems that seem to plague the industry to this day. But, instead of accepting that these problems are normal for marijuana businesses, we set out to find solutions.
We are a diverse and talented group that stays curious when it comes to innovation and stays focused when it comes to execution. Because we are passionate about the way that cannabis will continually change the world and boost the economy, we set out to elevate the way cannabis companies do business.
What We Do
The cannecht platform is a digital marketplace for licensed cannabis operators and cannabis industry service providers. Our goal is to shorten the time it takes to find partners and secure meaningful partnerships. That means refining the criteria for your projects and signing deals—in minutes, not days.
Every aspect of running a cannabis company is governed by a strict set of guidelines, and navigating the legal system can be complex. It leaves little time for some of the most basic operational tasks like seeking out and hiring contractors, vendors, and service providers to help you grow your business. While you’re over here raising your hand for help, there is a whole pool of freelancers, agencies, wholesalers, and other providers that are looking to work with you.
The cannecht platform is where you find each other. And not only that, but it’s where cannabis deals are made. What if you could answer a few simple questions and instantly see your most ideal business partners? Not only that, but once you select your partner, you can both e-sign a contract and get started working together?
You can with cannecht. So, who exactly is cannecht for? Well—there are two sides to every coin and two main categories that cannecht serves: licensed cannabis operators and cannabis service providers.
What is a licensed cannabis operator?
A licensed cannabis operator is a business owner in a state with regulated medical marijuana or an adult-use cannabis program. Typically, operators fall into one of the following categories:
- Producer – meaning anyone that grows cannabis.
- Processor – this includes marijuana extraction, topical and edible manufacturing.
- Wholesaler – you might wholesale your products as a producer or processor, but this specifically refers to distributors.
- Retailer – you own or operate a licensed cannabis dispensary.
- Laboratory – this applies to any state-accredited lab that performs compliance testing on raw cannabis, extracts, or finished goods.*
Licensed cannabis operators adhere to a slew of governmental oversight in running their business. It requires a lot of time and energy to manage the day-to-day operations and comply with local and state laws. Because of this, many companies simply lack the resources (time) to find trusted, reliable, experienced service providers.
*Laboratories are switch hitters, as they also fit into the service provider category. See below.
What is a cannabis service provider?
A cannabis service provider is a professional with experience in the cannabis industry that doesn’t necessarily touch the plant. They may or may not work in a regulated state, but they definitely understand the nuances and laws surrounding the industry. This includes:
- Accounting firm – an organization that specializes in cannabis accounting and is well-versed in all applicable laws.
- Tax services – marijuana taxes are complex and require a specialized cannabis tax attorney to navigate.
- Sales, marketing, and public relations – a cannabis marketing agency understands the rules around what you can and cannot advertise when it comes to packaging, sales collateral, or any print advertising or digital marketing.
- Software and technology – tools like cannabis ERP software and other operational and sales technology are built to manage, strategize, and grow cannabis-focused businesses.
- Laboratory services – cannabis testing labs are both operators and providers, and require a cannabis license because they touch the plant.
There are many more service providers, like marijuana greenhouse companies, cannabis edible manufacturing equipment wholesalers, cannabis security companies, marijuana packaging suppliers, and tons of professionals specializing in fields like human resources or business consulting. Any professional looking to develop meaningful relationships with licensed cannabis businesses falls into this category.
How it Works
Sure, you can search the internet and attend conferences or call up your industry friends for advice, but cannecht is a better way to build your business. We’re promising you better partnerships and a shorter timeline to secure contracts. Here’s how it works:
With the help of our trusted chatbot, Ripley, service providers build out their offerings from their provider dashboard. You’ll refine your offerings and include information about your rates, timeline to completion, and areas you serve. Maybe you work remotely or need to show up in person. You can list as many services as you’d like.
If you are a licensed cannabis business, all you need to do is chat with Ripley to answer questions about your project. This is an opportunity to establish project requirements like budget and timeline. While you’re entering your project requirements, Ripley finds the best matches in real-time. Suppose you’re matched with a partner (or several). In that case, you’ll have an opportunity to fine-tune your criteria and seal the deal on the spot.
The cannecht platform is free to use for all licensed cannabis operators. If we don’t match you right away, Ripley keeps working to find your match by running your requirements daily to see if anyone new pops up. This means you can focus on running your business, and we’ll let you know as soon as we find your perfect match.
Once you have selected your provider, you’ll be invited to schedule a kickoff call where you can meet your new partner with project details already in hand. It’s really that simple! No more time wasted on cold calls, back and forth emails, or missed connections. Let cannecht do it for you in minutes.
But wait, there’s more.
And because we know that more is, well, more, we’ve added value to the platform to keep you coming back for all of your upcoming projects.
- If you’re a cannabis service provider, you can better understand your market positioning through collected data in cannecht. No other directory site can offer the kind of data we’re talking about. Imagine knowing precisely what clients are looking for and understanding your wins and losses. If you don’t have what your target market is looking for, we’ll automatically help you update your offerings.
- Streamline your work search by posting your service offerings on cannecht and forget about the rest of the directories sites that—let’s face it—don’t help you close deals quicker. Instead, post your services on cannecht and include your pricing, availability, timelines, contracts, and communications all in one place. Then, you can pause, reschedule, cancel, or create new offerings whenever you want.
- Have you ever closed a deal where you spent more time on the contract signing process than the actual project discovery? Yeah, we feel you. That’s while we’ve built in contract e-signing as a critical component to cannecht. As a service provider, you pre-authorize your contract terms and sign a deal as soon as you are matched with your new clients. This is a huge win for cannabis business operators as well. Everyone shows up to the table, ready to launch a new project.
We built cannecht because it’s everything we wanted through our team’s years of experience founding, launching, and growing cannabis businesses. It’s time for the cannabis industry to operate with the sophistication that other industries enjoy with ease. The cannecht platform is where cannabis business begins.
Join our waitlist to become an early adopter. We are excited to launch our beta program, and we can’t wait to hear what you think. By signing up with cannecht, you help us continually innovate and improve the platform to be what YOU want to grow your business.
We’d love to answer any questions you might have about the app. If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for in our FAQ, don’t hesitate to reach out. We’d love to hear from you and will get back to you quickly. You can also follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram for more industry updates. Let’s cannecht.